About The Phooks
The Phooks was launched in April 2019 by Max Zhiltsov with the intention to make self- and indie-photobook market more accessible.
We all see how independent publishing culture is trending in recent years, but it is also clear how many obstacles and barriers the community faces. We decided to challenge the circumstances and find a new way for Artists to reach Collectors and gain more sales.
Read the editor's blog post on the intentions and ideas behind.
What Is The Phooks?
An open marketplace for Self- and Indie-published photobooks. In short, it means we're committed
To help self- and indie-publishers reach the right audience For Free and sell their books at a Minimum Fee.
We work in two directions:
- To provide Collectors with access to the world-wide sourced assortment of unique photobooks and zines published by artists themselves and small publishing houses, creative collectives.
- To enable Artists and Publishers to sell more, earn more from every copy and, as an outcome, be able to increase the size of their editions.
SUBMIT a photobook or a zine.
Here's how we will make it happen:
No fee for the catalog placement
Equal product representation
With the growth of the library, the number of customers on the platform and subscribers in social networks will grow. Supported by our marketing efforts, this will give publishers access to a permanently increasing audience.
The same commissions for everyone
Seller to Buyer shipping
Public access to the Library
There's No Phooks Without You
Nothing from above is possible without you — publisher, collector or both at the same time. The Phooks is made for you, but also needs in your support to grow:
- — Help us to build and extend the library by inviting your publishing friends.
- — Tell your collecting friends about the new place.
- — Subscribe to the newsletter via the form below.
- — Keep up with us in social networks:
Here are the latest stats of the website traffic achieved with your contribution:
SUBMIT your photobook or a zine and subscribe for the newsletter: