For more than ten years, Philipp Zechner has been exploring our modern world in his pictures of city spaces and urban objects. Always aiming beneath the surface, he strives to sharpen our eyes for the man-made second nature surrounding us, in order to make us look past the seemingly obvious and re-discover our world.
Philipp Zechner was born in Ludwigshafen, Germany in 1977. After years in France and in Japan, he is currently based out of Germany.
- "Tokio im Licht der Nacht", Parthas (Berlin), 2008
- "Frankfurter Nächte", Societätsverlag (Frankfurt), 2013
- "Tokyo Radiant", Eigenverlag (Crowdfunded), 2016
- "Tokyo Nights", Ajiichiba, Saitama (Japan) 2008
- "III", TEN GALLERY, Mannheim 2016
- "Tokyo Streets and Urban Objects", Meerwiesen, Mannheim 2017
- "Werkschau", Altes Volksbad, Mannheim 2017
- "Touristen", Altes Volksbad, Mannheim 2018
- "Tokyo Radiant", Edifício do Castelo, Braga/Portugal 2018 (Finalist Encontros da Imagem-Festival, Photobook awards)
- "Cars", 50. Rencontres d’Arles, Arles/France 2019 (Opening night/BYOB)